PM Narendra Modi’s UAE, Bahrain, France visitsAugust 19, 2019
New Delhi:Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will be on State Visits to United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 23-24 August 2019 and Bahrain on 24-25 August 2019.
Visit to UAE
2. Prime Minister would pay a State Visit to UAE. During his visit, PM would be meeting the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to discuss bilateral, regional and international matters of mutual interest.
3. Prime Minister Modi would receive the Order of Zayed, the highest civil decoration of the UAE which was conferred earlier in April 2019 in recognition of the distinguished leadership of Prime Minister Modi for giving a big boost to bilateral relations between the two countries. The award in the name of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founding father of the UAE, acquires special significance as it was awarded to Prime Minister Modi in the year of the birth centenary of Sheikh Zayed.
4. India and the UAE enjoy warm, close and multi-faceted relations underpinned by cultural, religious and economic linkages which, during the Prime Minister’s previous visit to the UAE during August, 2015, stood elevated to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. In February 2018 Prime Minister visited UAE as Chief Guest at the World Government Summit. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has visited India during February 2016 and then during January, 2017 as the Chief Guest at the Republic Day celebrations.
5. With robust flow of bilateral investments and an annual bilateral trade of about US$ 60 billion, the UAE is our third-largest trade partner. Also, the UAE is the fourth-largest exporter of crude oil for India. A 3.3 million-strong vibrant Indian community in the UAE nourishes the vibrant people-to-people contacts between our two friendly countries. The visit would further strengthen our friendly bilateral ties with the UAE.
Visit to Bahrain
6. Prime Minister would also be paying a State Visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain from 24-25 August 2019. This will be the first ever Prime Ministerial visit from India to Bahrain.
7. During the visit, Prime Minister would be meeting and holding talks with His Royal Highness Prince Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Prime Minister of Bahrain to discuss entire spectrum of bilateral relations and also regional and international issues of mutual interest. His Majesty the King of Bahrain Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa will be hosting a banquet dinner in honour of Prime Minister. PM Modi would also launch the renovation of Shreenathji (Shree Krishna) temple in Manama.
8. India enjoys close and friendly relations with Bahrain rooted in ancient trade and cultural links and people to people contacts and underpinned by regular exchange of high level visits. India-Bahrain bilateral trade has been on the rise for the last few years, reaching about US$ 1.3 billion in 2018-19. Further about 3,50,000 Indian nationals, the largest expatriate community in Bahrain has been contributing to the development of Bahrain. The presence of over 3000 Indian-owned/Joint Ventures in Bahrain indicates the intense economic engagement between the two countries. The visit will provide an opportunity to further cement our mutually beneficial bilateral ties with Bahrain.
Official Visit of Prime Minister to France to attend the G-7 Summit as Biarritz Partner
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will be visiting Biarritz, France at the invitation of President Macron for the 2019 G-7 Summit as ‘Biarritz Partner’ from 25-26 August 2019. During the Summit, Prime Minister is expected to speak in Sessions on Environment, Climate, Oceans and Digital Transformation. On the sidelines, Prime Minister will be having bilateral meetings with leaders of other countries.
Prior to the G7 Summit, Prime Minister will be on an Official Visit to France on 22-23 August 2019 and hold bilateral meetings with the President of the French Republic, H.E. Mr Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister H.E. Mr. Edouard Philippe. Prime Minister would address the Indian community in Paris and also inaugurate the Memorial for the Indian victims of the Air India crashes at Nid D’Aigle.
India and France are Strategic Partners since 1998 and share a comprehensive, dynamic and multi-faceted relationship. Our two countries have strong cooperation in the fields of defence, maritime security, space, cyber, counter-terrorism, and civil nuclear energy along with robust trade and investment relations.
The bilateral visit to France and the invitation to G7 Summit are in keeping with the tradition of strong and close partnership and high level political contacts between India and France.
PM’s departure statement ahead of his visit to France, UAE and Bahrain
I will be visiting France, UAE and Bahrain during 22-26 August 2019.
My visit to France reflects the strong strategic partnership, which our two countries deeply value, and share. On 22-23 August 2019, I would have bilateral meetings in France, including a summit interaction with President Macron and a meeting with Prime Minister Philippe. I would also interact with the Indian community and dedicate a memorial to the Indian victims of the two Air India crashes in France in the 1950s & 1960s.
Later, on 25-26 August, I will participate in the G7 Summit meetings as Biarritz Partner at the invitation of President Macron in the Sessions on Environment, Climate, Oceans and on Digital Transformation.
India and France have excellent bilateral ties, which are reinforced by a shared vision to cooperate for further enhancing peace and prosperity for our two countries and the world at large. Our strong strategic and economic partnership is complemented by a shared perspective on major global concerns such as terrorism, climate change, etc. I am confident that this visit will further promote our long-standing and valued friendship with France for mutual prosperity, peace and progress.
During the visit to the United Arab Emirates on 23-24 August, I look forward to discuss with His Highness the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, entire gamut of bilateral relations and regional and international issues of mutual interest.
I also look forward to jointly release the stamp to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi along with His Highness the Crown Prince. It will be an honour to receive the ‘Order of Zayed’, the highest civilian decoration conferred by the UAE government, during this visit. I will also formally launch RuPay card to expand the network of cashless transactions abroad.
Frequent high-level interactions between India and UAE testify to our vibrant relations. UAE is our third-largest trade partner and fourth-largest exporter of crude oil for India. The qualitative enhancement of these ties is among one of our foremost foreign policy achievements. The visit would further strengthen our multifaceted bilateral ties with UAE.
I will also be visiting the Kingdom of Bahrain from 24-25, August 2019. This would be the first ever Prime Ministerial visit from India to the Kingdom. I look forward to discussing with Prime Minister His Royal Highness Prince Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, the ways to further boost our bilateral relations and share views on regional and international issues of mutual interest. I would also be meeting His Majesty the King of Bahrain Shaikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and other leaders.
I would also take the opportunity to interact with the Indian diaspora. I will be blessed to be present at the formal beginning of the re-development of the temple of Shreenathji- the oldest in the Gulf region – in the wake of the auspicious festival of Janmashtami. I am confident that this visit would further deepen our relationship across the sectors.
- Gujarat govt to move proposal before centre for shifting of railway station of Junagadh
- 5-star hotel in Amdavad charge famous music composer Shekhar 'Exorbitant' Rs 1674 for just 3 boiled eggs
- Surat airport expansion project gets environmental clearance from Centre: CR Patil
- Gujarat govt. clears Rs. 250 crore ‘Lift Irrigation’ scheme for 85 tribal villages of Panchmahal
- Gujarat BJP to hold protest in all districts against 'lies' of Rahul Gandhi on Rafale deal issue
- Cruise based passenger ferry service between Surat and Mumbai begins