Slab of under-construction water tank collapses in AhmedabadAugust 19, 2019
Ahmedabad: A slab in a big under-construction underground water tank of the
AMC in Bhojaldham residency in Nikol area of Gujarat today suddenly
collapsed under the debris of which 8 people were trapped.
Chief Fire Officer of AMC, M F Dastur said that six of them
were taken out while the efforts to bring out the remaining two was
All those taken out have been sent to hospital. He also said
that it was not yet clear whether the remaining two were alive or not.
He said that all of those trapped in the debris of the fallen
slab were labourers working at the site.
The underground tank is part of the pumping station of an
under-construction building. The incident took place at around 3 pm
- Power generation through reversible turbine thanks to Garudeshwar weir
- Bhanushali murder case: Main accused ex-MLA Chhabil Patel files bail petition in Gujarat High Court
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam decorated on tricolor theme on eve of Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav
- PM Narendra Modi arrives on two-day visit to Gujarat
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days