BJP councillor arrested in Surat for slapping SMC stafferAugust 20, 2019
Surat: Two people including a BJP corporator in Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC), who had allegedly slapped a Sanitary Sub Inspector (SSI) of the SMC has been arrested by police here.
Police today said that SSI Jagdish Prajapati had lodged the FIR in Varachha police station here late last night that Corporator Bharat M Vaghasia had stopped him from duty and slapped him when he was trying to seal a tea shop due to recovery of banned plastic items.
The tea stall owner Sureshbhai who had called Bharat to help him out after recovery of plastic items from his shop has also been arrested.
The SSI has alleged that such banned plastic items were recovered from the tea stall earlier also. The corporator in Karanj area of the city has made a counter-allegation that the SMC official had sought a bribe of Rs 50 thousand from the tea stall owner and when he did not do so, he made a false case to harass him.
- Taluka, district, region wise rainfall in Gujarat Monsoon 2020 so far as on 8 am today
- Heavy rains continue in parts of Saurashtra and elsewhere in Gujarat
- AMC declares 17 more new micro-containment areas
- 735 new Covid-19 cases recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat
- AMC announces 'Corona Ghar Seva: Sanjivani Van'
- Dhirubhai Ambani’s Atmanirbharta