India’s first ever institute of chemical engineering to come up in GujaratAugust 20, 2019
Gandhinagar: In a major development for the state of Gujarat, the Union Government will be opening up the nation’s first-ever Central Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (CICET) in the state.
The announcement was made by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Shipping, Mansukh Mandaviya who said that the institute would be set up either in Surat or in Vatva. He also emphasised that Vapi, Ankleshwar and Vatva regions of the state had a significant presence of chemical industries.
Mandaviya said, “It (institute) will be built on the lines of Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET). The aim is to facilitate the chemical industry with research and innovations.”
The announcement was made by Mandaviya in Ahmedabad where he inaugurated boys and a girls hostel at the Union Government administered Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET) with the capacity to accommodate 575 boys and 150 girls.
- Power generation through reversible turbine thanks to Garudeshwar weir
- Bhanushali murder case: Main accused ex-MLA Chhabil Patel files bail petition in Gujarat High Court
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam decorated on tricolor theme on eve of Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav
- PM Narendra Modi arrives on two-day visit to Gujarat
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days