ACB nabs policeman taking bribe for going soft against prohibition case accusedAugust 21, 2019
Ahmedabad: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police here today nabbed red handed a head constable of Meghaningar police station in the city taking bribe of Rs 60 thousand for going ‘soft’ against an accused of a case lodged under prohibition act.
Assistant Director of ACB, DP Chudasama said that Hasmukh J Patel was nabbed from the flat of the complainant in Naroda area of the city.
He had sought the bribe to not to arrest the complainant (accused in the prohibition or liquor related case), giving him time till he got anticipatory bail and not to conduct raids at his residence.
- Power generation through reversible turbine thanks to Garudeshwar weir
- Bhanushali murder case: Main accused ex-MLA Chhabil Patel files bail petition in Gujarat High Court
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam decorated on tricolor theme on eve of Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav
- PM Narendra Modi arrives on two-day visit to Gujarat
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days