Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: GovtAugust 21, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has paid financial aid of up to Rs. 1 lakh each to the legal heirs of 338 unorganized sector workers and landless
farmworkers, who lost their lives in accidents, since April 1, this year and is planning to make the entire claim process under the
Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme online soon with the launch of a new portal for the purpose.
Additional Chief Secretary, Labour and Employment Department, Vipul Mittra IAS today informed.
He said that the aid to 338 heirs has been paid under the Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme.
Claims of 38 other unorganized sector workers and landless farmworkers have also been approved under the scheme, he said.
‘The state government is set to make the entire claim process online soon, and unorganized sector workers will be required to digitally submit the proposal online. A new portal is being developed for making the process online, and it will be launched soon,’ he added.
- Two nabbed in Surat with smuggled semi-liquid gold worth Rs. 27 lakh
- Gujarat CM calls on Uzbekistan President
- Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Gujarat ATS nabs the two killers near Rajasthan border
- PM meets JP Morgan International Council members
- Banking activities hit in Gujarat due to all India strike of bank unions except SBI and IOB , business worth Rs 15000 crore affected
- Non-seasonal rain in parts of Suarashtra and South & Central Gujarat