Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: GovtAugust 21, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has paid financial aid of up to Rs. 1 lakh each to the legal heirs of 338 unorganized sector workers and landless
farmworkers, who lost their lives in accidents, since April 1, this year and is planning to make the entire claim process under the
Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme online soon with the launch of a new portal for the purpose.
Additional Chief Secretary, Labour and Employment Department, Vipul Mittra IAS today informed.
He said that the aid to 338 heirs has been paid under the Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme.
Claims of 38 other unorganized sector workers and landless farmworkers have also been approved under the scheme, he said.
‘The state government is set to make the entire claim process online soon, and unorganized sector workers will be required to digitally submit the proposal online. A new portal is being developed for making the process online, and it will be launched soon,’ he added.
- Taluka, district, region wise rainfall in Gujarat Monsoon 2020 so far as on 8 am today
- Heavy rains continue in parts of Saurashtra and elsewhere in Gujarat
- AMC declares 17 more new micro-containment areas
- 735 new Covid-19 cases recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat
- AMC announces 'Corona Ghar Seva: Sanjivani Van'
- Dhirubhai Ambani’s Atmanirbharta