BJP suspends AMC Councillor Pulkit Vyas after his video indicating corrupt practice goes viralAugust 23, 2019
Ahmedabad: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) city unit chief Jagdish Panchal on Friday ordered suspension of party councilor in Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) Pulkit Vyas after his video pertaining to corrupt practice went viral.
City BJP chief in a press release said, a video has gone viral in media in reference to which, BJP city unit has suspended councilor Pulkit Vyas with immediate effect.
In a viral video, Pulkit Vyas was heard seeking money to protect an illegal construction. Vyas represents Isanpur ward of AMC.
Vyas has claimed that the video was not genuine. The person from whom he was taking the money was in fact returning his loan.
In the video Vyas could be seen taking Rs 10,000 from a said builder for protecting his illegal construction work. He demands more money and assures the builder to give him protection.
- Two nabbed in Surat with smuggled semi-liquid gold worth Rs. 27 lakh
- Gujarat CM calls on Uzbekistan President
- Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Gujarat ATS nabs the two killers near Rajasthan border
- PM meets JP Morgan International Council members
- Banking activities hit in Gujarat due to all India strike of bank unions except SBI and IOB , business worth Rs 15000 crore affected
- Non-seasonal rain in parts of Suarashtra and South & Central Gujarat