BJP suspends AMC Councillor Pulkit Vyas after his video indicating corrupt practice goes viralAugust 23, 2019
Ahmedabad: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) city unit chief Jagdish Panchal on Friday ordered suspension of party councilor in Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC) Pulkit Vyas after his video pertaining to corrupt practice went viral.
City BJP chief in a press release said, a video has gone viral in media in reference to which, BJP city unit has suspended councilor Pulkit Vyas with immediate effect.
In a viral video, Pulkit Vyas was heard seeking money to protect an illegal construction. Vyas represents Isanpur ward of AMC.
Vyas has claimed that the video was not genuine. The person from whom he was taking the money was in fact returning his loan.
In the video Vyas could be seen taking Rs 10,000 from a said builder for protecting his illegal construction work. He demands more money and assures the builder to give him protection.
- Shot for TikTok video, two youths arrested for desecrating idol in a temple in Rajkot
- 9 area removed from micro-containment zone list; 15 including Maninagar Swaminarayan Gaadi added by AMC
- Gujarat govt decides to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority and set up Marine Skill Training Centre
- Gujarat witnesses biggest single-day spike in Covid19 cases detected; Surat continues to record highest cases on the second day
- Priyanka Vadra asked to vacate Sarkari bungalow worth 100s of crores, she is using as private citizen since 1997
- Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan Sansthan's religious head PP Swami hospitalized