Security beefed up at Kandla, Mundra ports in GujaratAugust 29, 2019
Bhuj: Gujarat Police have stepped up security at Kandla port and other vital installations in Kutch district following intelligence inputs of a possible infiltration by terrorists using the sea route, an official said on Thursday.
The move comes days after the Indian Navy also warned of possible terror attack from the sea side.
“We receive inputs about possible terrorist infiltration from time to time and we have enhanced the security at all vital installations in Kutch district, including the Kandla port,” Inspector General of Police (border range) D B Vaghela said.
The Mundra port in Kutch district is also among the prominent installations where more security has been deployed, another official said.
- Rupani launches Job Fair Fortnight, asks youth to look beyond govt jobs
- Jio has widest 4G network, Airtel's grows over 3-fold: Trai
- Pleas challenging land acquisition process for bullet train project dismissed by Gujarat HC
- Gujarat govt announces relaxations for MSME units in existing Solar Power Policy in order to further encourage solar power generation
- Heavy to very heavy rain warning for parts of Gujarat from September 20 unde influence of developing low pressure area
- Vivekananda Kendra kicks off nationwide mass contact programme to mark 50 years of Vivekananda Rock Memorial