Centre declares Somnath an iconic clean place; award to be presented on Sept. 6September 03, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said, the Centre has announced the clean iconic place award for pilgrim place Somnath. The award will be conferred on Friday, 6 September at a function at Vigyan Bhavan in Delhi by Jal Shakti and cleanliness ministry of union government.
It’s worth noting that the government of Gujarat has assigned the task to keep Somnath clean to BVG India Ltd. The company with its staff clean daily 1.74 square meter area in Somnath daily.
BVG has also been assigned the task to keep clean pilgrim places such as Dwarka, Ambaji, Palitana, Shamlaji, Girnar and Pavagadh in addition to Statue of Unity complex.
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal