370 doctors in Gujarat join BJP over abrogation of article 370September 08, 2019
Ahmedabad: 370 doctors from Gujarat joined the ruling BJP on Sunday expressing their support to the Centre’s move to scrap the special status of Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370.
The doctors were greeted by Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan in a video message.
The doctors, including All India Radiologist Association (AIRA) president Dr Hemant Patel, critical care expert Dr Kalpesh Shah, joined the BJP at a function organised at the Gujarat University’s convention hall in Ahmedabad.
The doctors had registered themselves under the ongoing membership drive of the BJP, a party release stated.
“The fact that 370 doctors joined the BJP to express their support for (withdrawal of the special status of J-K) Article 370 will send a positive signal in the society,” said Gujarat BJP president Jitu Vaghani.
He said Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s diplomacy on the world forum has alienated Pakistan over the issue of Article 370.
- Rupani launches Job Fair Fortnight, asks youth to look beyond govt jobs
- Jio has widest 4G network, Airtel's grows over 3-fold: Trai
- Pleas challenging land acquisition process for bullet train project dismissed by Gujarat HC
- Gujarat govt announces relaxations for MSME units in existing Solar Power Policy in order to further encourage solar power generation
- Heavy to very heavy rain warning for parts of Gujarat from September 20 unde influence of developing low pressure area
- Vivekananda Kendra kicks off nationwide mass contact programme to mark 50 years of Vivekananda Rock Memorial