370 doctors in Gujarat join BJP over abrogation of article 370September 08, 2019
Ahmedabad: 370 doctors from Gujarat joined the ruling BJP on Sunday expressing their support to the Centre’s move to scrap the special status of Jammu and Kashmir under Article 370.
The doctors were greeted by Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan in a video message.
The doctors, including All India Radiologist Association (AIRA) president Dr Hemant Patel, critical care expert Dr Kalpesh Shah, joined the BJP at a function organised at the Gujarat University’s convention hall in Ahmedabad.
The doctors had registered themselves under the ongoing membership drive of the BJP, a party release stated.
“The fact that 370 doctors joined the BJP to express their support for (withdrawal of the special status of J-K) Article 370 will send a positive signal in the society,” said Gujarat BJP president Jitu Vaghani.
He said Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s diplomacy on the world forum has alienated Pakistan over the issue of Article 370.
- 3 injured as car hit by moving train while attempting to cross railway track near Dwarka
- Ahmed Patel speaks to media in Gujarat
- Kashmiri Pandits mark Forced Exodus Day in Gujarat
- UK based EV charging solutions provider company starts first free e-vehicle charging point in Gujarat
- 119 toddlers dumped in last five years in Surat
- Kite string injury even after Uttarayan in Surat