Ahmedabad based 32-year old man caught at Delhi airport while trying to fly to New York as 81-year old manSeptember 10, 2019
New Delhi: A 32-year-old man, Jayesh Patel from Ahmedabad, Gujarat was caught by CISF personnel at the Delhi airport for allegedly impersonating an octogenarian passenger by using a fake passport with the name of Amrik Singh, aged 81 years. Jayesh coloured his hair and beard white, arrived on a wheelchair to board a flight to New York from the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday.
The passenger looked suspicious to (CISF) officials on frisking duty as he expressed his inability to stand up from the wheelchair and was evading eye contact with them. The appearance and skin texture seemed to be much younger than mentioned in the passport. Jayesh was wearing zero-power glasses to conceal his age. During detailed check, his original identity was revealed. He was later handed over to immigration officials. A probe is on.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram