IIT Gandhinagar finds place in top 600 institutions globally in the ‘2020 The World University Rankings’September 12, 2019
Gandhinagar: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) has been ranked among the top 600 educational institutes worldwide and 7 th in India in the 2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
This year, THE World University Rankings, one of the most prestigious educational rankings worldwide, ranked 1,396 institutions from 92 countries. It assesses the performance of research-driven universities on 13 different performance indicators, including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. IITGN, an 11-year-old institution, entered the global rankings for the first time this year in the 501-600 band worldwide. The Institute ranked 7th in India. This year, 56 Indian institutes made the World University Rankings, up from 49 last year.
Prof Sudhir K Jain, Director, IITGN, said: “Since its inception, IITGN has pursued a long-term vision to develop into a world class and globally reputed institution. IITGN’s new global rankings are a vindication of our strategic vision and a tribute to the dedication and collaborative work of its dedicated faculty, staff, administrators, students and alumni. We will continue to work tirelessly to push new boundaries of scholarship, research, and discoveries to climb to even greater heights in the years ahead.”
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal