Spells of heavy rain continue in parts of Gujarat, met extends warningSeptember 12, 2019
Ahmedabad: Spells of moderate to heavy rain continued at several places in parts of Gujarat today with 62 talukas in 17 districts seeing some amount of rain between 6 am to 6 pm with maximum 112 mm in Vyara of Tapi district.
The total seasonal rain percentage has neared 119% today and is likely to cross it by tonight.
Met has predicted heavy rain fall at isolated places in South Gujarat region namely Surat, Tapi, Navsari, Valsad and the adjoining union territory of Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli tomorrow.
Among other prominent rain receiver talukas today were Mandvi in Surat 109 mm, Waghai in Dangs 75, Choryasi in Surat 65, Navsari and Valod 64 mm each. Almost 84% water was in 204 dams across the state with the largest Sardar Sarovar Narmada Dam full up to around 95 % of its capacity. Due to heavy outflow in the river in downstream area several villages and parts of Bharuch town has been flooded prompting the administration to shift over 4000 people to safer places.
The last 24 hours ending 6 am today saw rain in 104 talukas of 20 districts with maximum 203 mm in Khambhalia of Devbhoomi Dwarka district.
The detailed synoptic situation and rainfall warning in the met bulletin issued this evening is as follows –
SYNOPTIC SITUATION: MORNING’S TROUGH FROM SOUTH GUJARAT TO NORTH BANGLADESH ACROSS CYCLONIC CIRCULATION ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW PRESSURE AREA OVER NORTH MADHYA PRADESH & ADJOINING SOUTHWEST UTTAR PRADESH, NORTH CHHATTISGARH, JHARKHAND AND GANGETIC WEST BENGAL BETWEEN 3.1 AND 3.6 KM ABOVE MEAN SEA LEVEL PERSISTS.
MORNING’S CYCLONIC CIRCULATION OVER NORTHEAST ARABIAN SEA & ADJOINING SAURASHTRA & KUTCH BETWEEN 1.5 AND 2.1 KM ABOVE MEAN SEA LEVEL PERSISTS.
HEAVY RAINFALL WARNING –
DAY 1 (Today): Heavy to very heavy rainfall very likely at isolated places in the district of South Gujarat region namely Surat, Tapi. Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of Gujarat region namely Panchmahal, Dahod, Mahisagar, Navsari, Valsad and in Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli; in the districts of Saurashtra namely Porbandar, Junagadh.
DAY 2: Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of South Gujarat region namely Surat, Tapi, Navsari, Valsad and in and in Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli.
DAY 3, 4 and 5 – NIL
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall