Ahmedabad – Mumbai Tejas Express train will start operations from November 2019September 19, 2019
India’s first train which shall be operated on public private partnership (PPP) mode will run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai from the month of November.
The train ‘Tejas’ was scheduled to start operations in September/October but due to the model code of conduct effective in Maharashtra in connection of State assembly general elections, Tejas will start operation from Ahmedabad in the month of November.
Tejas will be operated by IRCTC. It will have guard and driver from Railways while all other staff will be appointed by IRCTC.
The train will have catering facility better than flight according to IRCTC officials.
The officials said, ‘Tejas will start from Ahmedabad at 6.40 am and reach Mumbai at 1.10 pm. In return journey, it will leave Mumbai at 3.40 pm and reach Ahmedabad post 10.00 pm.
Considering the preferences of Gujarati people, the train will have stoppages at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi, Borivali, Andhrei and Mumbai Central. Andheri has been added in the list due to proximity from airport.
While Executive clas will have LED screen and headphones for each seat, the normal chair car coaches will have common LED screens offering display of movies, songs and advertisements.
Each coach will have female host and male caterer.
- Gujarat govt. release 855 ha land in Surat city from 201 reservations
- Over 150 suffer from burning sensation and watering of eyes in Rajkot due to strong lighting in marriage event
- Air Quality Index in Ahmedabad deteriorates, in the range of orange to red level
- Governor recommends President's rule in Maharashtra; President signs order
- Prime Minister on Brazil visit
- Ban on use of mobile phone during duty by traffic policemen in Ahmedabad-West