Ahmedabad – Mumbai Tejas Express train will start operations from November 2019September 19, 2019
India’s first train which shall be operated on public private partnership (PPP) mode will run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai from the month of November.
The train ‘Tejas’ was scheduled to start operations in September/October but due to the model code of conduct effective in Maharashtra in connection of State assembly general elections, Tejas will start operation from Ahmedabad in the month of November.
Tejas will be operated by IRCTC. It will have guard and driver from Railways while all other staff will be appointed by IRCTC.
The train will have catering facility better than flight according to IRCTC officials.
The officials said, ‘Tejas will start from Ahmedabad at 6.40 am and reach Mumbai at 1.10 pm. In return journey, it will leave Mumbai at 3.40 pm and reach Ahmedabad post 10.00 pm.
Considering the preferences of Gujarati people, the train will have stoppages at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi, Borivali, Andhrei and Mumbai Central. Andheri has been added in the list due to proximity from airport.
While Executive clas will have LED screen and headphones for each seat, the normal chair car coaches will have common LED screens offering display of movies, songs and advertisements.
Each coach will have female host and male caterer.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow