Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractorSeptember 19, 2019
Ahmedabad: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed a forester red handed in South Gujarat taking a bribe of Rs 10 lakh from a contractor for sanctions to him to lay optical fiber cable on forest land.
Another forester involved in the crime somehow fled from the trap spot in Kila Pardi RFO office in Valsad district.
Assistant Director of ACB D P Chudasama said that the contractor had got permission for laying cable on non protected land from the DCF office in Valsad while his such application for protected forest land was pending for sanction. Forester Jigar R Rajput and Dharmendra P Chavda had demanded the bribe from him for allowing him to start work on non protected forest land and facilitating in getting sanction for the same on protected forest land.
The ACB laid a trap and nabbed Jigar R Rajput while the second forester somehow fled from the spot.
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price
- Wearing helmet for two wheeler rider and pillion rider continues to be mandatory: Gujarat govt in HC
- Govt of India signs historic accord with Bodo groups
- ‘IGLUS Centre of Excellence (ICE)- A Smart City Lab’ inaugurated at GIFT City
- Parthiv Patel achieves another milestone, becomes first Gujarat cricketer to play 100 Ranji matches