Former First Class cricketer Jaydev Niranjan Shah elected President of SCASeptember 21, 2019
Rajkot: Former First Class cricketer and son of ex-secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Niranjan Shah, Jaydev N Shah was today elected president of the Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA).
Jaydev had represented Saurashtra cricket team in India’s domestic circuit. He has the distinction of captaining Saurashtra to victory in the 2007-08 Vijay Hazare Trophy, the team’s first ever national-level title.
He was recruited by the Rajasthan Royals for the Indian Premier League(IPL) 2008 edition, but never played, and has also represented Rajasthan Cricket Association President’s XI in the past.
During the election of the office bearers of SCA today Dipak Lakhani was elected as Vice president while Himanshu Shah was elected as Secretary.
Shyam Raichura was elected as treasurer.
These elections have once again proved the dominace of Niranjan Shah over SCA.
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price
- Wearing helmet for two wheeler rider and pillion rider continues to be mandatory: Gujarat govt in HC
- Govt of India signs historic accord with Bodo groups
- ‘IGLUS Centre of Excellence (ICE)- A Smart City Lab’ inaugurated at GIFT City
- Parthiv Patel achieves another milestone, becomes first Gujarat cricketer to play 100 Ranji matches