IMD forecast for heavy to very heavy rainfall in Saurashtra/Kutch; fishermen asked not to venture into seaSeptember 21, 2019
Gandhinagar: Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has in its forecast predicted widespread rainfall with isolated heavy to very heavy falls over Saurashtra and Kutch regions during next 48 hours. IMD has also predicted strong winds, with speed reaching 40-50 kmph in areas adjoining Arabian sea and South Gujarat during next 48 hours. Fishermen are advised not to venture into these areas.
The Low Pressure area lies over northeast Arabian Sea off south Gujarat coast with the associated cyclonic circulation extending upto 7.6km amsl tilting SWwards with height & likely to move west-NWwards & become more marked & concentrate into a Depression during next 48 hrs.
Under the influence of above system, Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy to very heavy falls very likely over Saurashtra & Kutch during next 48 hours.
Also Strong winds, speed reaching 40-50 kmph, likely to prevail over northeast & adjoining eastcentral Arabian Sea, southwest Arabian Sea and south Gujarat & north Maharashtra coasts during next 48 hours. Fishermen are advised not to venture into these areas
A cyclonic circulation lies over WC Bay of Bengal off north Andhra Pradesh coast and extends upto 7.6 km amsl tilting SWwards with height. Under its influence, Fairly widespread to widespread rainfall with isolated heavy to very heavy falls very likely over Rayalaseema & TN.
Isolated heavy falls over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and South Interior Karnataka during next 48 hours. Subdued rainfall activity likely to continue over northwest, central and northeast India during next 3-4 days.
- Over 9 inches rain in a taluka in South Gujarat; rainfall data from across the State for June 6
- Civil work for new Gandhinagar railway station almost over
- Gujarat government announces SOPs for reopening of Malls, Restaurants, Religious Places, Hotels
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 19,617
- Silver Lake and Co-Investors to invest additional Rs. 4,546.80 crore in Jio Platforms
- Twitter India responds to backlash over blocking Amul's Twitter account