NCP fields RTI Activist Farsu Goklani as its candidate for by-poll in RadhanpurSeptember 25, 2019
Ahmedabad: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) today announced its candidate for Radhanpur assembly by-poll in Gujarat.
Farsu Goklani, an RTI activist and former congress leader, who was in limelight for challenging the validity of the MBA degree of former minister Shankar Chaudhary, has been made the party candidate from Radhanpur, one of the six assembly seats going to by-polls on October 21.
Radhanpur is the seat vacated due to resignation of former Congress MLA Alpesh Thakor who has now joined BJP and would in all likelihood contest at the ruling party candidate from the seat.
Gujarat NCP Spokesperson Ranjit Singh Dhillon said that the party would also field its candidate on the remaining five assembly seats ie., Bayad, Amraiwadi, Tharad, Lunawada, and Kheralu where bypolls are to be held simultaneously.
He said that the party would also contest the AMC bypoll and some other local bodies.
Congress and BJP are yet to declare their candidates for the by polls.
- Reliance launches unlimited free conferencing app JioMeet
- Indian Coast Guard recovers 24 packets of Charas from Kadiyari beyt near Jakhau in Gujarat
- Adani to build infrastructure at Hazira for Gogha-Hazira ro ro ferry service
- 8-seat by-polls: Congress appoints incharges and co-incharges for each seat
- Mahila Police Station Incharge Inspector booked for taking Rs. 33 lakh for not booking an accused under PASA
- 10th pass small villager develops ATM for Panipuri in North Gujarat