BJP declares candidates for 6 assembly seat bypollSeptember 29, 2019
Gandhinagar: Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has announced its candidates for six-seat assembly by-polls in Gujarat. The list of candidates was announced by national working president Jagat Prakash Nadda after meeting of the Central Election Committee in New Delhi.
According to the list announced, Jivraj Jagat Patel will contest from Tharad assembly seat. Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala will contest from Radhanpur and Bayad seats respectively. Jagdish Patel will contest Amraiwadi assembly seat in Ahmedabad city while Jignesh Sevak has been selected as candidate to contest from Lunawada assembly seat. Ajmal Thakor will contest from Kheralu seat.
Jivraj Patel (Chaudhary) is chairman of taluka kharid vechan sangh in Tharad. Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala were outgoing MLAs of Congress who resigned and joined BJP. Jagdish Patel is former city BJP chief in Ahmedabad and also former Municipal councilor. Jignesh Sevak is chairman of karobari committee in Mahisagar district panchayat. Ajmal Thakor is Mandal General Secretary of BJP in Kheralu.
Rival Congress party has on the other hand fielded Gulabsinh Rajput from Tharad seat. Jashubhai Patel will be a candidate for Bayad seat. Dharmendra Patel will contest from Amraiwadi seat while Gulabsinh Chauhan will be fielded on Lunawada seat.
Congress party has also fielded Raghubhai Desai on Radhanpur and Babuji Thakor on Kheralu seat.
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands