8 nabbed by SOG in central Gujarat, 5 bogus passports of Spain, one I card of republic of Estonia seizedOctober 09, 2019
Vadodara: The Special Operation Group (SOG) of the crime branch of police in the city has nabbed 8 people of a suspected fake passport racket with 5 bogus passports of Spain and an Identity cart of the republic of Estonia.
Police today said that based on a tip off the eight people, two of whom are residents of Ahmedabad district, 5 from Mahesana and one from Mansa in Gandhinagar were nabbed yesterday from a tea point near Rajshri talkies in Sayajiganj area of the city.
Five bogus passports of Spain, one i card of the republic of Estonia and 17 genuine Indian passports were recovered from a black coloured bag from their possession.
Detailed investigation in this regard was on. A case under sections 120 (B) 406, 420, 465, 468 and 114 has been registered in this connection in the Sayajiganj police station.
- Cabinet approves strategic disinvestment of BPCL, SCI, CONCOR, THDCIL, NEEPCO
- Cabinet approves proposal for enactment of Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 and accession to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- Cabinet approves introduction of IFSC Authority Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha, after withdrawal from Rajya Sabha
- Surat police lodges FIR against Sahara group head Subrat Roy under charges of fraud, criminal breach of trust and conspiracy
- Nityanand Ashram case - Five days remand of two arrested sanyasinis
- Austria based Constantia Flexibles opens 9th Indian plant in Gujarat