8 nabbed by SOG in central Gujarat, 5 bogus passports of Spain, one I card of republic of Estonia seizedOctober 09, 2019
Vadodara: The Special Operation Group (SOG) of the crime branch of police in the city has nabbed 8 people of a suspected fake passport racket with 5 bogus passports of Spain and an Identity cart of the republic of Estonia.
Police today said that based on a tip off the eight people, two of whom are residents of Ahmedabad district, 5 from Mahesana and one from Mansa in Gandhinagar were nabbed yesterday from a tea point near Rajshri talkies in Sayajiganj area of the city.
Five bogus passports of Spain, one i card of the republic of Estonia and 17 genuine Indian passports were recovered from a black coloured bag from their possession.
Detailed investigation in this regard was on. A case under sections 120 (B) 406, 420, 465, 468 and 114 has been registered in this connection in the Sayajiganj police station.
- Ambani hails RIL staff as 'frontline warriors', reiterates co's role in India's war against COVID-19
- Good news for wildlife lovers of Gujarat, 6 more lion cubs born Junagadh
- Police Inspector suspended for playing Garba without maintaining social distancing
- Names and locations of 11 fresh Coronavirus cases detected in Ahmedabad
- 144 Coronavirus cases in Gujarat; major share of new cases from densely populated Muslim areas
- Responding to PM Modi's voluntary call, India lights diyas at 9 pm