Chopper service at Statue of Unity stopped as noise used to disturb animals in Safari parkOctober 09, 2019
Kevadiya: The chopper services at the Statue of Unity here has been stopped for now.
The paid service which used to give the users a 10 minutes scintillating areal view of the world’s tallest statue (182 m tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel), the close-by Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam and other features has been stopped due to the disturbance caused by the noise during take off, landing and low rise flight to the newly brought animals in the Safari park being set up near the sculptor.
An official said that if necessary a different venue for the take off and landing of the six seat chopper would be allocated. Currently it used to fly and land from a place near the valley of flowers.
The service was started last year but was stopped during the general elections and started again to be stopped during rough monsoon weather. It was started some time ago but has to be stalled.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram