Chopper service at Statue of Unity stopped as noise used to disturb animals in Safari parkOctober 09, 2019
Kevadiya: The chopper services at the Statue of Unity here has been stopped for now.
The paid service which used to give the users a 10 minutes scintillating areal view of the world’s tallest statue (182 m tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel), the close-by Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam and other features has been stopped due to the disturbance caused by the noise during take off, landing and low rise flight to the newly brought animals in the Safari park being set up near the sculptor.
An official said that if necessary a different venue for the take off and landing of the six seat chopper would be allocated. Currently it used to fly and land from a place near the valley of flowers.
The service was started last year but was stopped during the general elections and started again to be stopped during rough monsoon weather. It was started some time ago but has to be stalled.
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020
- Two Universities in Gujarat to get national status
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Areas
- PM Modi to inaugurate and address VAIBHAV summit on 2nd October
- News in brief from across Gujarat