Wind topples Ravan effigy in SuratOctober 09, 2019
Surat: Strong winds brought down a 60-feet tall effigy of Ravan before it was set on fire in Vesu area here during Dussehra festivities on Tuesday.
Luckily, no one in the crowd of hundreds of people who had gathered to watch the demon king being burnt was hurt, as the effigy fell on the opposite side.
As it was not possible to set the effigy upright again quickly, Ravan was torched while lying on his side, said Anil Agrawal, the organizer.
The symbol of vanquished evil burned amid light rain.
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price
- Wearing helmet for two wheeler rider and pillion rider continues to be mandatory: Gujarat govt in HC
- Govt of India signs historic accord with Bodo groups
- ‘IGLUS Centre of Excellence (ICE)- A Smart City Lab’ inaugurated at GIFT City
- Parthiv Patel achieves another milestone, becomes first Gujarat cricketer to play 100 Ranji matches