His dream of Clean India: PM Modi seen plogging at Mamallapuram beachOctober 12, 2019
Chennai: Prime Minister reached Chennai yesterday to welcome President Xi Jinping of China. Starting from yesterday afternoon, after formally welcoming President Xi on his third visit to India and showing him the historical sites of Mamallapuram, Prime Minister hosted a spectacular cultural performance for the Chinese side in the evening.
Afterwards, PM had a hectic round of diplomatic parleys and engagements lasting for almost three hours with the Chinese side over dinner and beyond. After returning to the hotel, PM had several rounds of internal meetings on various issues to be discussed in this morning’s engagements with the Chinese side for the second day of the informal summit.
Yet, this morning, Prime Minister was up very early, and in keeping with his habit, went out for a brisk round of morning walk and exercises. While out on the Mamallapuram beach, PM saw litter and waste lying around, including several items of single use plastic, and decided to take matters in his own hand and started doing so by beginning a clean up operation, which went on for over half an hour. At the end of the clean-up campaign, PM called up the local cleanliness and sanitation workers and deposited the garbage with them.
This morning’s plogging exercise, showcases PM’s personal leadership of not just the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan and the Fit India campaign, but also shows his steadfast resolve to wipe out the evil of environmental pollution caused by use of plastic, especially single use plastic, from India.
- PM Modi asks artists including Bollywood stars to visit Statue of Unity and Dandi
- Amit Shah visits Somnath
- Hazira - Bandra Worli Sea Link Cruise Ferry service to start from November 10
- Rupani performs ground breaking for USD 50 million Cadila Pharma plant in Uzbekistan
- Fake PAN card, voter id and other documents making racket busted, two operators in Adhaar card making office nabbed
- Portion of old 4-storey building of L&T collapse during demolition in Gujarat, one killed