Lot of confusion as Non-Secretariat clerk and Secretariat Assistant class 3 exam of GSSSB cancelled againOctober 12, 2019
Gandhinagar: A lot of confusion has been created after yet another cancellation of the non-secretariat clerk and secretariat assistant class 3 recruitment exam of the Gujarat Subordinate Service Selection Board.
The exam was to be held on October 20 and around 10.50 lakh candidates were to appear in it at centers across the state. Interestingly the exam originally announced months ago was earlier also cancelled twice.
This time though there is a lot of confusion due to no official communication from the board in this regard.
It is being said that the minimum qualification for the non-secretariat clerk exam has been scaled up to Graduation from earlier class 12. If it happens a lot of the earlier applicants won’t be able to compete for the post.
Interestingly the General Administration Department has reportedly decided to postpone the exam and no new date has yet been announced.
Even more interesting is the fact that a notification running of the board’s website is saying that no change in date for the exam has been done (https://gsssb.gujarat.gov.in/images/150exam-date-26-09-2019.pdf).
Deputy CM Nitin Patel was also not fully aware about the whole issue and why the exam has been cancelled and whether the qualification has actually been increased.
The board numbers have either been made busy or no body is responding.
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists
- Gujarat govt - Adani sign MoU to set up India's largest multi-model logistic park at Virochannagar near Sanand
- Gujarat Tableau to showcase Modhera Sun Temple in Republic Day Parade in New Delhi