Gujarat govt. – AEPPL Japan sign MoU for Lithium Battery plant in GujaratOctober 14, 2019
Gandhinagar: Department of Industry, Government of Gujarat and AEPPL (Automotive Electronics Power Private Limited) – Japan today signed MoU for Rs. 4,930 crore investment in upcoming Lithium battery production plant and its expansion in Gujarat.
AEPPL MD Ichizo Aoyama and Gujarat government’s principle secretary for Industries Shri MK Das signed this MoU in presence of State Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
As per the details shared by the Government of Gujarat, Japan’s AEPPL will make investment in Gujarat’s Hansalpur, Bechraji in two phases. In first phase, Rs. 1250 crore Lithium Battery Pack and Module Manufacturing Facilities will be set up by the end of year 2020, creating job opportunities for 1,000 youths. Ground breaking for this plant was performed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe in year 2017.
As per MoU signed today, AEPPL will invest Rs. 3,715 crore in the second phase and produce 30 million cells by year 2025.
In conversation with Chief Minister Rupani, AEPPL MD Ichizo Aoyama said that the company plans to invest Rs. 53,000 crore in its futuristic 6 battery plants and 2 electrode plants by year 2030. The facilities will offer jobs to 8-10,000 local youths. It will also strengthen ancillary industries and MSME.
- Crocodile caught from house in Vadodara city
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens and being run from School premises in Gujarat busted, 6 arrested
- ACB in central Gujarat Tech Assistant of MGNREGA branch taking bribe red handed
- Non-seasonal rain/hailstorm in parts of Gujarat
- AirAsia India launches New Delhi-Ahmedabad flight
- Three-day long winter session of Gujarat assembly during 9-12 December