Delegation meets MoS Shipping in Delhi to seek Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro ferry service back on the trackOctober 15, 2019
Surat: A delegation led by The Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industries president Ketan Desai on Monday called on MoS Shipping in Centre Mansukh Mandaviya and demanded that Dahej – Ghogha ro – ro ferry service should resume.
Private operator Indigo seaways has suspended this service due to lack of enough depth at Dahej coast. The delegation demanded that sudden suspension of ferry service has adversely affected transportation of cement, salt, textile etc on Surat – Bhavnagar route. The delegation also led attention of union minister that thousands of diamond industry workers would like to use ferry service to go back to their native places in Saurashtra from Surat. The delegation also informed the minister that as many as 25,000 tickets had to be cancelled for 20-28 October period in just one day due to suspension of service.
The delegation also called on shipping secretary Gopal Krishna. Hemant Desai, Chetan Contractor, office bearers of Bhavnagar Chamber of Commerce and Industries among others joined this delegation.
- ACB in North Gujarat nabs 3 including Engineer and police personnel taking bribe
- From this day on, India will hold a very special place in our hearts: US president Trump in Gujarat
- Rousing welcome to Trump with, people lining up to greet him
- Engineering wise, Motera Stadium, one of our most challenging projects, it is built to last 100 years: L&T
- Digital infrastructure at Motera Stadium is better than any other place in the world: Mukesh Ambani
- Trump writes brief note in Sabarmati Ashram's visitor's book, thanks 'great friend' Modi for wonderful visit