Fire in bank in North Gujarat, furniture, some cash, documents reduced to ashesOctober 18, 2019
Palanpur: A fire broke out in a public sector bank in Tharad town of Banaskantha district in North Gujarat this morning, police said.
According to police the fire was caused by short circuit in the electric room of the local branch of Dena Bank situated on the first floor of a building in the main market in the town.
The fire fighting team of the local municipality controlled the fire in some time. Furniture, documents and some cash was suspected to have been burnt down in the incident that happened at around 0530 am. No injury has been reported in the fire as it happened when the bank was closed.
The FSL team was also investigating the matter.
- ACB nabs Mamlatdar cum Executive Magistrate for receiving bribe in Surat
- New trade routes to North East (via Bangladesh sea) and Bhutan open
- IKDRC shortens time span for transplant surgeries to clear backlog
- World Heritage Status: UNESCO team to examine Dholavira in upcoming September
- PM Modi, U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo to address India Ideas Summit next week
- ACB nabs RTO clerk red-handed receiving bribe in a decoy trap in Central Gujarat