Fire in bank in North Gujarat, furniture, some cash, documents reduced to ashesOctober 18, 2019
Palanpur: A fire broke out in a public sector bank in Tharad town of Banaskantha district in North Gujarat this morning, police said.
According to police the fire was caused by short circuit in the electric room of the local branch of Dena Bank situated on the first floor of a building in the main market in the town.
The fire fighting team of the local municipality controlled the fire in some time. Furniture, documents and some cash was suspected to have been burnt down in the incident that happened at around 0530 am. No injury has been reported in the fire as it happened when the bank was closed.
The FSL team was also investigating the matter.
- Crocodile caught from house in Vadodara city
- Fake call center involved in duping US citizens and being run from School premises in Gujarat busted, 6 arrested
- ACB in central Gujarat Tech Assistant of MGNREGA branch taking bribe red handed
- Non-seasonal rain/hailstorm in parts of Gujarat
- AirAsia India launches New Delhi-Ahmedabad flight
- Three-day long winter session of Gujarat assembly during 9-12 December