Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by pollOctober 18, 2019
Ahmedabad:The Gujarat High Court today allowed more time to the Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar and Jugalji Thakor, in connection with election petitions challenging their election on two Rajya Sabha seats from Gujarat during the by polls held in July this year.
Justice Bela Trivedi fixed the next date of hearing on November 25 after hearing the counsels of the Jaishankar and Thakor.
Both had won the by polls held separately on the same day as BJP candidates. The by polls were necessitated due to resignations of Amit Shah and Smriti Irani after their win in Loksabha polls.
Of the three petitions clubbed together, two were filed after the election by two losing congress candidates Gaurav Pandya and Chandrikaben Chudasama and one by leader of opposition in the assembly Paresh Dhanani questioning the separately holding of the two by polls. The court had first issued notices to the two candidates on September 13.
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price
- Wearing helmet for two wheeler rider and pillion rider continues to be mandatory: Gujarat govt in HC
- Govt of India signs historic accord with Bodo groups
- ‘IGLUS Centre of Excellence (ICE)- A Smart City Lab’ inaugurated at GIFT City
- Parthiv Patel achieves another milestone, becomes first Gujarat cricketer to play 100 Ranji matches