PM meets JP Morgan International Council membersOctober 22, 2019
New Delhi: PM met with the JP Morgan International Council in New Delhi today. After 2007, this was the first time that the International Council met in India.
The International Council comprises of global statesmen like former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, former Australian PM John Howard, former US Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of Defence Robert Gates as well as leading figures from the world of business and finance like Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan Chase), Ratan Tata (Tata Group) and leading representatives from global companies like Nestle, Alibaba, Alfa, Iberdola, Kraft Heinz etc.
While welcoming the group to India, Prime Minister discussed his vision for making India a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024. Prime Minister said that the development of world class physical infrastructure and improvements in affordable health-care and providing quality education were some other policy priorities for the Government.
People’s Participation remained a guiding tenet of policy making for the Government. On foreign policy front, India continued to work together with its strategic partners and close neighbors to build a fair and equitable multipolar world order.
- Over 9 inches rain in a taluka in South Gujarat; rainfall data from across the State for June 6
- Civil work for new Gandhinagar railway station almost over
- Gujarat government announces SOPs for reopening of Malls, Restaurants, Religious Places, Hotels
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 19,617
- Silver Lake and Co-Investors to invest additional Rs. 4,546.80 crore in Jio Platforms
- Twitter India responds to backlash over blocking Amul's Twitter account