Diwali gift for over 6 lakh milk producers of North Gujarat: Banas and Sabar Dairy increase procurement priceOctober 23, 2019
Palanapur/Himmatnagar: In a Diwali gift of sorts for over six lakh milk producers of North Gujarat, Sabarkantha District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited (Sabar Dairy) and Banaskantha District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd. ( Banas Dairy), two of the 18 dairies of Gujarat associated with brand Amul, have announced to increase their milk procurement prices.
Sabar Dairy tat procures on an average around 23 lakh liters of milk per day from around 2.71 lakh milk producers today said that it would increase the procurement prices by Rs 10 per kg fat with effect from October 25. It will raise the price of milk at which the dairy purchases from milk producers to Rs 710 per kg fat for buffalo milk from existing Rs 700. That for the cow milk would go up to Rs 304.5 per kg fat from 294.5.
Banas Dairy would increase the procurement price by Rs 15 per kg fat from October 27 ie Diwali day. It procures 55.7 lakh liters of milk per day from 3.5 lakh milk producers. The new rate would be Rs 690 per kg fat in comparison to the existing Rs 675 per kg fat.
- Rafale deal: Supreme Court finds no wrongdoing
- ACB in South Gujarat nabs Circle officer cum Dy Mamlatdar taking bribe red handed
- Full efforts on to connect SoU venue with railway by next birth anniversary of Sardar: MoS Railway
- Prices of Dyestuff in Pakistan doubled in 3 months as export from India stops
- RTO check posts to be abolished, learning license to be issued from ITIs and polytechnics: Rupani
- Gujarat crosses 146% rain mark, third highest in any one year in last three decades