Specter of Storm Maha also looming large over India-Bangladesh T 20 match in RajkotNovember 04, 2019
Rajkot: The specter of cyclonic storm ‘Maha’ in the Arabian sea is also looming large over the T-2- cricket match to be played between India and Bangladesh at Rajkot in Gujarat.
The second T 20 match of the three match series between the two neighbouring countries, which was extremely important for India to keep its hopes of the series win alive as it had lost the first match played in Delhi, is scheduled to be played here at the SCA stadium on November 7.
Met department has though issued a heavy to very heavy rainfall warning for Rajkot along with other coastal districts on November 6, a day before the match. But as the landfall of the cyclone is expected to happen between Diu and Porbandar on the same day ie November 7, cloudy weather and at least light to moderate rain in the city can’t be ruled out.
A local cricket fan said that he has bought ticket of the match to see his favourite player and India captain Rohit Sharma playing his 100 th T 20 match, the highest played by any Indian cricketer so far.
He said that it would be highly disappointing if the match is washed away due to rain/weather. He said that he was praying that the weather remained good and the storm did not hit the Gujarat coast.
- Incidents of throwing acid on cows
- Four bills to be moved on the fourth day of Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly
- MoU signed for Rs. 1250 crore industrial plants in Kutch
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 19
- Gujarat Assembly passes four labour reform bills in a day
- NHSRCL opens technical bids for one of biggest tenders covering 47% of MAHSR alignment and 4 stations
- ACB nabs Dy Mamlatdar for receiving bribe to approve NA approval to Agriculture land
- Narendra Modi, Virat Kohli, Milind Soman, others to participate in Fit India Dialogue