14 trains fully cancelled, 2 partially, 4 diverted as goods train derails in Central GujaratNovember 08, 2019
Vadodara: Altogether 14 trains were fully cancelled, 2 partially cancelled and four others diverted due to derailment of a goods train near Alindra Road Railway Station in Central Gujarat close to Vadodara today.
A senior railway official said that the gate man near Alindra railway station stopped the goods train coming from Ratlam to Vadodara when he saw the wheels of one of its bogies derailed. He showed red flag to the driver at around 0920 am this morning averting a bigger accident in time.
Due to the incident the rail traffic on the route between Samlaya and Pilol station where the repair of the derailed bogey was being done, has been hampered. Three more MEMU trains have been cancelled for tomorrow as well.
The official said that four trains 22444 Bandra Terminus-Kanpur Central Express, 15045 Gorakhpur-Okha Express, 15668 Kamakhya-Gandhidham Express and 12471 Bandra Terminus-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Swaraj Express were diverted due to the accident.
- Jio says it would continue to keep consumers at the center
- Kocharab Ashram goes blue to mark the World Children’s Day Celebration
- Nityanand Ashram case: Police says- investigation focused on alleged misbehave with two minors only, nothing to do with 'adult' ladies
- GIFT IFSC & Refinitiv sign MOU to Promote India to Global Investors
- In first ever entry of Asiatic lions in Surendranagar district of Gujarat, two big cats seen by villagers, forest department confirms the presence
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature