Tourists Footfall in Diwali holidays increased by 50% at Statue of Unity fame KevadiaNovember 11, 2019
Statue of Unity: Impact of newly developed tourists’ attractions at Kevadia
– Tourists Footfall in Diwali holidays increased by50%
Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited has, in an official Press Release, reported as follows :
• Very high footfall of tourists has been observed since the dedication of Statue of Unity to the Nation on 31st October 2018.
• Total 27,17,468no.of tourists visited Statue of Unity during its first year i.e. from 1st November 2018 to 31st October 2019.
• Till 10thNovember 2019,total 29,32,220 tourists have visited Statue of Unity.
• Out of which 2,91,640tourists means approximately 10% have visited during recent Diwali festivals only.
• Average no. of tourists per day during Diwali Holidays is recorded as22,434as against 14,918 per day during last year’s Diwali holidays.
• Thus, no. of tourists per day has increased by50.4% due to addition of various newly developed tourists’ attractions.
• Overall average no. of tourists is recorded as9063 per day; whereas in normal working days it is 7030 per day and on weekend days i.e. Saturday and Sunday it is13071 per day.
• Aggregate income generated so far is Rs. 80.65 crore
• Recently new adventure activities like River Rafting, Cycling, Dino trail and Boating have been developed at Kevadia, which have received an overwhelming response from youths and thousands are getting benefits of the same.
• In addition to these, activities like Night Trekking, Climbing Wall, Two-way Zip Line etc. have been developed at Zarwani Eco-tourism site.
• Night Tourism for the first time in the country – Main Road and all the Projects are illuminated at night with colourful and theme based lighting.
• A unique “Glow Garden” with illuminated plants and animals has become a major attraction – Daily 4,000 to 5,000 people flock around to see its beauty.
• Thus, Kevadia has been transformed into an unmatched tourists’ destination.
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot