Gujarat govt. release 855 ha land in Surat city from 201 reservationsNovember 12, 2019
Gandhinagar(press release): Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani released 855 hectares (ha) from total 1,660 ha of land under Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) and Surat Urban Development Authority (SUDA) from 201 reserved plots, pending for the last three decades, for development by various agencies.
Thus approximately 390 ha under SMC and 50 ha under SUDA, totaling 440 ha of land, will be carved out on the basis of 50 per cent of the plots under SMC and SUDA for TP Schemes in Surat’s total urban spread of 1,085 sq. km. for affordable housing and for lending pace to real estate activity. Another tranche of 415 ha of land have also been released from reservation.
This decision of releasing 50 per cent of land for development excludes schemes which had begun the procedure of settlement and also which had otherwise sought permission for settlement from SMC under Article 78 of the Gujarat Provincial Municipal Corporation Act.
The decision was taken by Rupani after a presentation by Surat Commissioner and other authorities of SMC and SUDA at a meeting convened here today. It was also attended by Chief Minister’s Chief Principal Secretary K. Kailashnathan, Urban Development Principal Secretary Mukesh Puri and Chief Minister’s Principal Secretary Manoj Kumar Das.
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers