Non-seasonal rain/hailstorm in parts of GujaratNovember 13, 2019
Gandhinagar: Parts of Banaskantha district today saw rain with hailstorm while parts of Amreli and Botad district also recieved light to moderate rain even as met has predicted such non-seasonal rain spells in some districts for three days including today under the influence of a cyclonic circulation over SouthWest Rajasthan and neighbourhood.
Suigam, Diyodar and Vav talukas in Banaskantha district in North Gujarat saw rain with hailstorm while Chalala town, Babra taluka and areas around in Amreli district and parts of Botad district in Saurashtra region saw rain today.
Several places including Ahmedabad today saw partially cloudy to cloudy sky.
A met official today said that a morning’s induced cyclonic circulation over southwest Rajasthan and neighborhood which extends up to 1.5 Km above mean sea level persists.
He said that today’s forecast was that light to moderate rain/thundershowers very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Patan and Ahmedabad; in the districts of Saurashtra- Kutch namely Amreli, Bhavnagar and Kutch.
Tomorrow and the day after light to moderate rain/thundershowers very likely at isolated places in the district of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha; at isolated places in Kutch district.
After that the weather would become dry.
Notably the state government today announced a Rs 700 crore special package for the compensation to the loss of crops of farmers caused by excessive rain. This year the state has seen close to 146% rain.
- Separate timing, queue, ward for senior citizens in Gujarat govt run OPDs/hospitals
- Rs. 2 per litre hike in Amul milk price
- Rs.1.48-crore sanctioned to repair 3 check dams on Bhogavo River damaged in rain
- Vadodara gets new satellite railway station at Chhayapuri, 13 pairs of trains to skip Vadodara railway station
- Prime Minister chairs first meeting of National Ganga Council
- BSF finds abandoned Pakistani boat in creek area