Non-seasonal rain/hailstorm in parts of GujaratNovember 13, 2019
Gandhinagar: Parts of Banaskantha district today saw rain with hailstorm while parts of Amreli and Botad district also recieved light to moderate rain even as met has predicted such non-seasonal rain spells in some districts for three days including today under the influence of a cyclonic circulation over SouthWest Rajasthan and neighbourhood.
Suigam, Diyodar and Vav talukas in Banaskantha district in North Gujarat saw rain with hailstorm while Chalala town, Babra taluka and areas around in Amreli district and parts of Botad district in Saurashtra region saw rain today.
Several places including Ahmedabad today saw partially cloudy to cloudy sky.
A met official today said that a morning’s induced cyclonic circulation over southwest Rajasthan and neighborhood which extends up to 1.5 Km above mean sea level persists.
He said that today’s forecast was that light to moderate rain/thundershowers very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Patan and Ahmedabad; in the districts of Saurashtra- Kutch namely Amreli, Bhavnagar and Kutch.
Tomorrow and the day after light to moderate rain/thundershowers very likely at isolated places in the district of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha; at isolated places in Kutch district.
After that the weather would become dry.
Notably the state government today announced a Rs 700 crore special package for the compensation to the loss of crops of farmers caused by excessive rain. This year the state has seen close to 146% rain.
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall
- AMC shuts Gwalia Sweet Shop, declares it Quarantine area