Gujarat govt. clears Rs. 250 crore ‘Lift Irrigation’ scheme for 85 tribal villages of PanchmahalNovember 15, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today sanctioned a Rs. 249.61-Crore worth ‘Lift Irrigation Scheme’ based on Panam Dam in Panchmahal district to supply irrigation waters to deprive eastern-belt areas.
The scheme would benefit irrigation waters to the villages of Sehra, Godhara, Kalol, and Ghoghmba tehsils of the district. The scheme would provide irrigation waters to as many as 85 tribal dominated villages of Panchmahal district. Under the scheme the irrigation water would be lifted to the height of 185 meters on a hill to distribute it through the underground pipelines.
This decision of Rupani will uplift the living standard of the tribal farmers as the scheme would enable them to take one crop each in Kharif and Ravi seasons and would also generate employment opportunities.
Nod for Rs.9.85-cr construction of 11 check dams in Kaparda taluka
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today sanctioned Rs.9.85-crore to build 11 big check dams on the tributaries and branches of the Damanganga and Kolak Rivers in the remote Kaprada taluka of Valsad district.
The Kaparda taluka in the state is known as Cherrapunji of Gujarat, receiving 100-110 inches of rainfall annually, because of its typical topography, situated as it is in the foothills of the Western Ghats.
The check dams will check the surplus rainwater flowing down to the sea and retain water for drinking and irrigation purpose in the area, even after the monsoon.
– Information department
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers