Surat airport expansion project gets environmental clearance from Centre: CR PatilNovember 15, 2019
Surat: Lok Sabha member of Navsari, CR Patil today in a statement said Surat airport expansion project has received environmental clearance from ministry of environment and forest, government of India.
Patil said the extension work of Surat airport was possible only after environment clearance certificate from the Centre which was pending. Due to lack of env. clearance certificate Rs. 201 crore works were stalled out of Rs. 360 crore grand approved for the project.
Patil said he had made representation through a letter and also through one-to-one meeting with union environment and forest minister Shri Prakash Javdekar, following which the clearance certificate and NOC are issued.
He said he has been informed by the minister in this regard through a letter.
Patil said, with environmental clearance, the project to expand terminal building and construction of new parallel taxi track will resume with speed.
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers