ACB in central Gujarat nabs Sarpanch and revenue employee red-handed taking bribeNovember 16, 2019
Anand: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed a revenue department employee and a Sarpanch taking bribe of Rs 15000/- for change in the ownership record of house in Hathipura village under Anklav taluka of Anand district in Central Gujarat.
ACB Assistant Director D P Chudasama said that Talati cum Mantri of Hathipura-Asarama village panchyat Mukesh N Desai- native of Mahesana and Sarpanch of the panchayat Subhash T Gohil were nabbed from the panchyat office during a trap laid by the ACB today.
The friend of the complainant was to buy a house which was in the name of the deceased maternal grand mother of the seller to whom she had made the heir in her will. So before selling the house he wanted the ownership of the house situated in the village to be transferred in his name legally but the Talati and Sarpanch had sought the bribe.
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall
- AMC shuts Gwalia Sweet Shop, declares it Quarantine area