Air India, BPC to be sold by March 2020: FM Nirmala SitharamanNovember 18, 2019
New Delhi: Air India, Bharat Petroleum Corporation will be sold by March, 2020, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Saturday in an interview with the Times of India.
“We are moving on both with the expectation that we can complete them this year. The ground realities will play out,” she told TOI in an exclusive interview.
Sitharaman said there is a “lot of interest” among investors as evident in international road shows ahead of the sale of Air India. A year ago, the loss-making airline’s sale had to be aborted due to tepid response from investors. The government is banking on receipts from disinvestment – comprising strategic sale and public offers – to shore up revenues in a year when tax collections are under pressure.
- Separate timing, queue, ward for senior citizens in Gujarat govt run OPDs/hospitals
- Rs. 2 per litre hike in Amul milk price
- Rs.1.48-crore sanctioned to repair 3 check dams on Bhogavo River damaged in rain
- Vadodara gets new satellite railway station at Chhayapuri, 13 pairs of trains to skip Vadodara railway station
- Prime Minister chairs first meeting of National Ganga Council
- BSF finds abandoned Pakistani boat in creek area