Surat police lodges FIR against Sahara group head Subrat Roy under charges of fraud, criminal breach of trust and conspiracyNovember 20, 2019
Surat: A complaint of fraud has been lodged against Sahara group head Subrat Roy Sahara and 11 others in a police station in Surat city of Gujarat.
Police Inspector of Khatodara police station R R Ahir today said that a local businessman Sanjay Murarka resident of city light area has filed the complaint that he had taken a five year bond from the company in the name of wife and children in 2009 which got matured in 2014 but instead of giving him the maturity money of around Rs 12.77 lakh the then local manager of the company made him re-invest the money in another scheme of the company claiming that he would get double amount in 2018-19, but despite the maturity again he was not given the money.
Ahir said that Murarka alleged that despite several visits to the local office of the company, he has not got his money back as yet. Based on his complaint an FIR against 12 people including Subrat Roy Sahara, the then local manager and agent of the company under section 406 (Criminal Breach of Trust), 420 (Fraud and Cheating) and 120 B (Criminal Conspiracy) of the IPC has been lodged.
He said that the investigation of the matter was on and further course of action would be decided after completion of the primary investigation.
- Covid19 in Gujarat at 122 so far; Major share of Tabligh Jamat in fresh increase
- Names and locations of 7 new Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad announced by AMC
- Details of Coronavirus positive cases in Bhavnagar
- Heat-wave with yellow level warning in parts of Kutch region, similar warnings for tomorrow as well
- Two Gujarat cop who skipped duty to offer Namaz in group arrested and suspended from duty
- Rajkot based Jyoti CNC manufactures indigenous ventilator machine in 10 days, first 1,000 to be gifted to Gujarat govt