Police harassment to NRIs outside Ahmedabad airport; Kheda MP writes letter to MoS HomeNovember 21, 2019
Gandhinagar: Kheda Lok Sabha member of ruling Bharatiya Janata Party today in a letter to Pradipsinh Jadeja, Minister of State for Home, Government of Gujarat, raised an issue of alleged harassment to NRI family from Borsad in Central Gujarat at SVPI airport in Ahmeadbad on family’s arrival from abroad. The family was allegedly harassed at one kilometer distance after leaving the airport premises by local police for a reason of ‘checking’. Devusinh made appeal to MoS Home to ensure control over indiscipline and corruption among those on duty in and around the SVPI airport.
- Marine One, U.S. President Donald Trump's official Helicopter arrives in Gujarat
- Union cabinet approves revamping of PM Fasal Bima Yojana and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme
- ESIC run clinics in Gujarat will now offer services to all citizens: Nitin Patel
- Centre approves 3 new medical colleges at Rajpipla, Porbandar, Navsari; State to bear only 40% cost
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to allot 30 acre land for free of cost at Shahpur near Gandhinagar to set up Children's University
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized