Ashish Bhatia becomes a new Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad CityNovember 25, 2019
Gandhinagar: Year 1985 cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Ashish Bhatia has been appointed as Commissioner of Police, Ahmedabad City. Bhatia was already in additional charge of this post following elevation of outgoing Commissioner AK Singh to Centre to head National Security Guard in Delhi.
In a notification issued today, Ashish Bhatia has been appointed as CP Ahmedabad and relieved from the post of Director General of Police, CID (Crime & Railways). He is replaced with Sanjay Srivastava, a 1987 cadre IPS. Srivastava will continue to hold the additional charge of the post of Additional Director General of Police, Technical Services & SCRB.
In another development, year 1998 cadre IPS Piyush Patel who is at present Inspector General (Armed Units) has been given the additional charge of the post of Additional Director General, Armed Police (Armed Unit) replacing Sanjay Srivastava.
- Responding to PM Modi's voluntary call, India lights diyas at 9 pm
- Names and locations of 8 new patients of Coronavirus in Ahmedabad
- Keshubhai, Paresh Rawal, Morari Bapu, Rameshbhai Oza others in video talk with Gujarat CM
- Covid19 in Gujarat at 128 so far; Major share of Tabligh Jamat in fresh increase; 14-month old child in Jamnagar infected
- Names and locations of 7 new Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad announced by AMC
- Details of Coronavirus positive cases in Bhavnagar