100 mld Dahej desalination plant to be commissioned in 30 months: CM at ground breaking functionNovember 30, 2019
Bharuch: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today performed bhoomi pujan for Rs. 881 crore 100 MLD capacity desalination plant for industrial purpose at Dahej in Bharuch district of Central Gujarat. Proposed plant will come up over 25 hectare land.
Speaking on this occasion, Rupani said the State will have 8 desalination plants to convert seat water into pure water for drinking, agriculture and industrial purposes. Dahej industrial township is currently having a 454 mld water supply scheme. With complete development of PCPIR township, it will eventually require 1,000 mld water. A 100 mld desalination plant for which works were kicked off today will complete in next 30 months, said the State government.
Rupani said Gujarat is the second state after Tamil Nadu to set up desalination project. He said the Government of India had announced PCPIRs at Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Dahej in Gujarat, of which Dahej PCPIR has achieved fastest progress with over Rs. 1 lakh crore investment.
He said Gujarat enjoyed 19% share of Agriculture sector GDP in 2017-18 and 20.4% share in GSDP while in manufacturing sector Gujarat enjoyed 27% share in GDP and 44% in GSDP.
Rupani made announcement that the GIDC will hold Samvad interaction programmes in order to solve the issues of industries. He announced allotment of certain land in Ankleshwar GIDC for sports complex.
Dahej PCPIR according to GIDC has generated 1.80 lakh jobs. In future, this figure will go upto 7 lakh. There are 180 units active in Dahej PCPIR. Rs. 15,000 crore investment has been done in Dahej PCPIR to create basic and infrastructure facilities. Construction of two more escapes and 120 and 150 meter new roads is proposed in Dahej PCPIR.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad