Dr. JN Singh retires after making the ‘record’ of longest serving Chief Secretary of GujaratNovember 30, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Secretary and 1983 batch IAS officer Dr J N Singh today retired after making a record.
His 3 and a half years of tenure as the Chief Secretary is the longest of any CS in the state.
Singh who was first appointed as the Chief Secretary in August 2016 taking over the office from G R Aloria was in May 2019 given a six months extension.
1985 batch IAS officer Anil G Mukim has now replaced Singh as the new Chief Secretary of Gujarat. He was serving as the union mines secretary and has been repatriated with the home cadre by the appointments committee of cabinet. Born in 1960, he would attain the age of superannuation next year.
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat
- Locusts have left Gujarat completely due to wind pattern: DAO
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat in February
- Major fire in 14 storey commercial building in Surat city of Gujarat