ACB nabs IT officer and CA in Central Gujarat taking bribeDecember 03, 2019
Anand: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of the Gujarat police today nabbed an Income Tax officer and a chartered accountant in Anand town in central Gujarat for taking bribe.
Assistant Director of the ACB DP Chudasma said that IT officer of ward 2 in Anand, K N Rathod and CA P B Doshi were nabbed during a trap laid by the ACB. Doshi was caught red handed taking bribe of Rs 10000/- on behalf of Rathod from the complainant whom the IT officer had issued notice regarding submission of bills etc of the tax return for year 2011-12 which he had already filed .
Joshi had sought Rs 50000/- for issuing the related assessment order. He had through the CA already taken Rs 25000/-.
- Coast Guard rescues fishermen in distress off Gujarat coast
- Works for Surat Metro rail project to start in June 2020: Gujarat govt.
- Even as operation to nab man-eater leopard underway, the beast injures a woman
- Vadodara rape case: Ahmedabad police crime branch nabs culprits
- Union Minister Naqvi inaugurates Hunar Haat of minorities at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat government to move 8 bill during three-day assembly session starting from Dec. 9