PM interacts with scientists at IISER, PuneDecember 07, 2019
IISER scientists made presentations to the Prime Minister on varied topics ranging from New Materials and devices for Clean Energy application to Agricultural Biotechnology to Natural Resource mapping. The presentations also showcased cutting edge technologies in the field of Molecular Biology, Antimicrobial resistance, Climate studies and Mathematical Finance research.
Prime Minister appreciated the scientists for their informative presentations. He urged them to develop low cost technologies that would cater to India’s specific requirements and help in fast-tracking India’s growth.
Earlier, Prime Minister visited the IISER, Pune campus and interacted with the students and researchers. He also visited the state of the art super computer PARAM BRAHMA, deployed by C-DAC in IISER, which has a peak computing power of 797 Teraflops.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India.
Prime Minister is on a two day visit to attend the DGP’s Conference in Pune.
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy
- Vaghani in touch with Savli MLA Inamdar: CM Rupani
- Hardik Patel arrested again soon after coming out of Sabarmati central jail