PM interacts with scientists at IISER, PuneDecember 07, 2019
IISER scientists made presentations to the Prime Minister on varied topics ranging from New Materials and devices for Clean Energy application to Agricultural Biotechnology to Natural Resource mapping. The presentations also showcased cutting edge technologies in the field of Molecular Biology, Antimicrobial resistance, Climate studies and Mathematical Finance research.
Prime Minister appreciated the scientists for their informative presentations. He urged them to develop low cost technologies that would cater to India’s specific requirements and help in fast-tracking India’s growth.
Earlier, Prime Minister visited the IISER, Pune campus and interacted with the students and researchers. He also visited the state of the art super computer PARAM BRAHMA, deployed by C-DAC in IISER, which has a peak computing power of 797 Teraflops.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India.
Prime Minister is on a two day visit to attend the DGP’s Conference in Pune.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad