Vadodara rape case: victim identifies culprits, court allows 8 days police remandDecember 09, 2019
Vadodara: The victim of the sensation Vadodara rape incident today identified the two culprits whom the crime branch of Ahmedabad police had nabbed and a local court handed over on 8 days remand to the police for further interrogation and investigation.
Police said that the victim who had come to record her statement before the magistrate recognized the two culprits.
They were later produced in a special court here which allowed 8 days police custody of them for further interrogation and investigation. Notably, a minor girl aged around 16 and a half years was raped in the night of November 28 at a secluded place in Navlakhi area of the city. She had gone in the area along with a youth whom the culprits had beaten away and then outraged her modesty at a secluded place in a mango orchard behind Laxmi Vilas palace close to the golf course.
A case in this regard was lodged in Raopura police station under sections 376, 377, 363, 325 of the IPC and other sections of of Pocso Act. CM Rupani had taken it seriously and instructed the police to nab the culprits at the earliest.
The culprits were identified as one Kishan K Mathasuria (28), who lived on footpath on Gangasagar road near Gurudwara in Tarsali and Jasho V Solanki (21) who lived in a slum near Tarsali crossing. They were earlier also involved in small thefts and other such crimes.
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 63 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements
- 3365 vehicles of those breaching lockdown seized: Gujarat Police