ACB nabs broker of woman Councillor of SMC taking bribe of Rs 50,000 on her and her husbands behalfDecember 10, 2019
Surat: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed a broker of a woman corporator of the Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) for taking a bribe of Rs 50000/- from a person for not pressing ahead with the petition of demolition of the construction on his land.
The ACB was conducting raids to nab the woman corporator of Udhna-Bhathe ward 18 Kapilaben and her husband Palkesh Patel on behalf of whom the bribe was accepted by one Hitesh M Patel on a roadside close to Udhana Darwaza in the city today.
ACB Assistant Director D P Chudasama today said that the complainant had done construction on his land and the corporator and her husband had sought Rs one lakh bribe from him saying that if he did not pay the money they would get the construction demolished by the SMC by proving that it was illegal. Later they agreed to take Rs 50,000.
The ACB laid a trap today and nabbed the one taking bribe on the basis of secret complaint by him.
- AMC Fire and Emergency Services gets drone, robot to assist fire dousing operations
- Savli MLA Ketan Inamdar takes back his resignation after two hour long meeting with State BJP chief
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy