ACB in Gujarat nabs deputy engineer of PGVCL taking bribe from farmerDecember 12, 2019
Bhavnagar: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed red-handed a deputy engineer of the government run electricity distribution company PGVCL from his office in Trapaj town of Bhavnagar district, taking bribe from a farmer.
Assistant Director of the ACB DP Chudasma said that deputy engineer R R Seth had sought a bribe of Rs 20 thousand from the farmer to not to impose fine and initiate action for alleged illegal electric connection with the motor of his farm-well. Later he agreed to take Rs 11 thousand.
Based on a secret complaint from the farmer, the ACB laid a trap in the Sub divisional office of the PGVCL in Trapaj and nabbed the deputy engineer taking Rs 11 thousand.
- Gujarat govt order on class 3 to 8 school exams in August 2020
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 24
- 1118 new cases of covid19 recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat; highest 41,647 tests done
- CR likely to visit Saurashtra during 18-20 August
- PM Modi announces Rs 10,000 Crore Trans-Shipment Port In Great Nicobar Island
- India starts work on National War Museum project to showcase its rich military heritage
- Patient recovery rate over 76 per cent in Gujarat: Rupani in virtual meeting with PM
- AMC seals Murtimant Market in Ahmedabad; Gujarat's main hub of mobile phone business