ACB in Gujarat nabs deputy engineer of PGVCL taking bribe from farmerDecember 12, 2019
Bhavnagar: The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed red-handed a deputy engineer of the government run electricity distribution company PGVCL from his office in Trapaj town of Bhavnagar district, taking bribe from a farmer.
Assistant Director of the ACB DP Chudasma said that deputy engineer R R Seth had sought a bribe of Rs 20 thousand from the farmer to not to impose fine and initiate action for alleged illegal electric connection with the motor of his farm-well. Later he agreed to take Rs 11 thousand.
Based on a secret complaint from the farmer, the ACB laid a trap in the Sub divisional office of the PGVCL in Trapaj and nabbed the deputy engineer taking Rs 11 thousand.
- AMC Fire and Emergency Services gets drone, robot to assist fire dousing operations
- Savli MLA Ketan Inamdar takes back his resignation after two hour long meeting with State BJP chief
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy