Ground breaking performed for a 16,000 square meter Astronomy and Space Gallery in Gujarat Science CityDecember 12, 2019
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Science City will get a 16,000 square meter astronomy and space science gallery, ground breaking for which was performed today by State Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
The gallery will be divided in three zones namely past, present and future showcasing past, presence and future of universe.
Past gallery will showcase the history of human attempts to understand the universe. Present gallery will show case present development going on in this domain. Future gallery will showcase possible research in future including manned space flight and more.
An 18 meter diameter planetarium will have around 173 seat capacity with dome shaped screen featuring galaxy, stars, solar system, black hole, eclipse, birth of universe etc themes.
A virtual reality zone will offer an experience of virtual world through VR activities such as space exploration, big bang, space walk, lunar and mars exploration, astronaut simulation etc.
A simulation zone will have 4D, 5D theater offering ride simulation of space travel.
Solar telescope, a big dome shaped telescope, vedh shala are other highlights of upcoming space science gallery.
- Motera Stadium awarded IGBC Gold Green Building rating; becomes India's first green rated Cricket stadium
- More details on President Donald Trump's Ahmedabad visit
- 431 ft tall temple to be constructed at Jaspur in Ahmedabad
- MEA India briefing on President Donald Trump's India visit
- Amit Shah to dedicate revamped Sursagar pond in Vadodara
- In pictures: More photos of preparations to welcome President Trump in Ahmedabad